Imagine my surprise when I awoke today to find that I’ve been nominated for a blogger award. It was especially welcome, considering that I was 60 short minutes away from enduring a music history lecture on ‘The Search for Arcadia.’ (It wasn’t that bad.)
So thank you, SarahK at The Little Things! She writes great posts about life and the things in between… Check her blog out!
Display the Award Certificate on your website.
Announce your win with a post and link to whomever presented your award.
Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
Drop each one a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post.
Write 7 interesting things about yourself.
My nominees for the Beautiful Blogger Award:
This one is tough. I love all the blogs I’ve followed – these are just a handful that I want to share with my readers. As you can see, there are only 12 nominees, but I was lucky enough to receive the Sunshine award previously, and nominated a number of people then.
So without further ado, in no particular order, the blogs I’ve been enjoying:
- The Puddings and Toyboys. This is a great blog. Go look. Enjoy the tales of three beautiful (and mischievous) budgerigars!
- Budgie-opolis. Click for your daily fix of cute, winged critters. There’s even a baby budgie!
- Dou ♥ Dou. Bird and animal art and sculptures, what could be better? I am currently drooling over the birdie wedding cake toppers, no lie. Go find them. You’ll want them, too.
- Rumpy Dog’s blog. Nope, this isn’t a bird blog, surprisingly enough. It’s a dog’s blog – and Rumpy dog is very concerned with animal welfare, something I’m passionate about, too.
- Rayya’s Online Veterinary Journal. This is the blog of a vet who is really making an impact on animals’ lives. There’s all kinds of valuable information there on pets, so have a look! There’s lots of info on birds, too. (Some of the photos of the sick and injured animals she treats can be graphic, though, just to warn you.)
- Emotionless Brain. Another (mainly) non-birdie blog, although she has a flock too! These are some good insights into life here: sometimes humorous, but always honest.
- Peace, Love, Birdies. Back to the birds! This blog is another great look into life with birds… Lots of them, in her case! One of her recent posts is why she loves birds, and I’m sure that’s something that most readers here have thought about.
- Arlene Powers. A bird art blog! There is some really lovely art on here, and not always just of avians.
- Parrot Girl’s Bird World. The name speaks for itself… Read on for stories and pictures of her fids.
- Wazeau’s World. A pet blog – a peek into her life with parrots and cats (and she crochets)! I hope this award, chain-letter or no, gives her a smile after the most recent that life’s thrown at her.
- Diary of a Kooky Parrot. A very humorous look into life with a feisty quaker parrot. Bird owners will nod in understanding.
- My Parrot Journey. Twelve birds. That’s all that needs to be said. I struggle sometimes with four, haha. There are some great tips on this blog; it’s worth checking out.
Facts about me:
I’ll write three extra facts to make up for missing nominees, if that counts.
- I live in Scotland. Is that a cop-out? Okay, er, I’ve lived here long enough that my accent has morphed into a strange Scottish-American hybrid. Scots still realise I’m American, but Americans don’t.
- I have a miraculous ability: I don’t flinch when birds, even wild ones, dive-bomb my face. It’s deeply ingrained.
- I’ve played the viola for nearly 19 years.
- Writing that makes me feel old.
- I also have a black belt – it was a mixed dojo that specialised primarily in Shotokan, but also took techniques from Hapkido, Ju Jitsu, Aikido, and Du Mog, amongst others.
- I’ve completed three full novels, and have started a further two more recently.
- I played lacrosse all the way back in high school, and was so bad that I got my nose broken twice.
- My favourite films come from between 1920 and 1960. Favourite actors… Buster Keaton, Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn, Kirk Douglas. I could go on and on. Oh… And Johnny Depp.
- I learned to ride on Percherons, and can’t sit to a smaller horse’s trot for the life of me.
- I don’t like chocolate. (Cue the rage.) I do like white chocolate, though.
Once more, thank you, SarahK, for the nomination! The flock thanks you, too, since this is their blog in a way.
To those I’ve nominated – I know it’s chain-letter format, so if that’s not your thing, no worries. I just think this a great way to share the blogs we enjoy… and it’s also a nice thought!